Spring has arrived, which means it is time for spring cleaning! It has been a long, cold winter with the continuous challenge and let’s face it, sometimes battle, of trying to bundle up your little ones in all their winter gear to get them out the door and off to day care, school or out to play.
Since winter feels like such a long dark season, we are easily excited when the weather gets a little nicer, days get a little longer and brighter. With this seasonal change we suddenly feel the need to open the windows, let some fresh air in and clean off the layer of dust that has accumulated inside and out.
Spring cleaning can be a little overwhelming because it can seem like such a huge job. Your spring cleaning can be as little or as big as you want it. Start by making a list and break it down into areas of the house and then make a list of tasks for each area of the house.
- Dining Room
- Living Room/Family Room/ Play Room
- Laundry Room
- Electronic Devices
For a thorough spring cleaning checklist click here: https://tinyurl.com/7qttg87
Getting organized is a big part of the spring cleaning process. We tend to hoard and hold onto things through the winter but come spring we are more ready and willing to let go of the things we no longer need or use. As you are cleaning the different areas of your home you can organize items you no longer need or use into piles; donations, garage sale, garbage, or storage.
- Donations: These items should include anything you no longer need or use, are not worth selling, but would benefit someone in need.
- Garbage: These items should include anything you no longer need or use but are not in any condition to donate or sell.
- Garage Sale: These items should include anything you no longer need or use but have financial benefits of selling.
- Storage: Put items in here that you cannot part with but do not need on a regular basis. Make an inventory of the items you are boxing up for storage and label the box so it is easy to find these items later.
Cleaning your home can be stress relieving; clutter is stressful – getting rid of clutter will reduce and relieve stress, listening to music while you clean helps you relax and makes the experience more enjoyable and cleaning is a physical activity and everyone can benefit from physical activity.