Summer is a busy time of year, full of fun family outings, travelling, vacations, outdoor fun and BBQ’s with friends and family. So many memories are made and it is so easy to snap photos and capture memories these days with smartphone cameras. All too often we take tons of photos and don’t really do anything with them. Why not print your photos and work together as a family and make a scrapbook. Maybe you went or are going on a really great family vacation this summer and you want to make a scrapbook of that awesome vacation, or maybe you just want to make a summer scrapbook, capturing all the fun you had as a family this summer.
Photo Editing Apps:
- Instagram: A popular app for editing, posting and sharing photos is Instagram. Instagram photos are usually more casual, spur-of-the-moment than shots captured with your “regular” camera. You can share your work through Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare.
- PhotoGrid: This app is great for creating beautiful collages. You can add coloured borders, stickers and text. You can share your work through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Paper Camera: A quirky just for fun option, Paper Camera transforms your photos into images that look like drawings or painting.
- Square Ready: If you plan on posting photos on Instagram or using them as Facebook profile pics, use Square Ready. You can either shoot photos using Square Ready or edit photos to crop to a square.
- Print Photos From your Camera: If you are using a camera and not a smartphone, you can upload images to your computer and order them online. You can print images from various places; Costco, Staples,PhotoBox, and Snapfish just to name a few. Note: You should be able to print your smartphone images as well, the smallest print size is likely 4×6 so you may have empty space around the image once printed.
- StickyGram: You can use this website to access your Instagram photos and print them.
- Smartphone Wireless Photo Printer: You can now buy Smartphone Wireless Photo Printers and print photos at home anytime. Send images wirelessly to printer and it prints photos the size of a credit card. You can also connect to social media sites and print images from there https://tinyurl.com/qeq5rvw
Making your Scrapbook:
- Create Photo Book Online: You can create a photo book online and have it printed. A variety of companies offer this service; Staples, Costco, Snapfish and My Publisher just to name a few. You can go onto their website, choose your book style and layout, upload your photos, rearrange the photos and add text.
- Build Own Scrapbook: You can also print your photos either online or in store, buy a book and craft supplies and work together as a family and create your very own scrapbook. Its fun to search online for ideas; colour, layout, design etc.
Not only will it be fun capturing the memories, but also it will be exciting for little ones to see the photos, look back at the fun they had and they will love working together to help build your family summer memory book.