Whether you have a baby, a toddler or a school aged child, choosing the best care for your child is one of the most difficult decisions a parent has to make.
The search for reliable, quality child care can be stressful. Parents may explore private home-based child care, daycare centres or a friend or relative. Knowing what the options are, and the type of care that would best meet yours and your child’s needs, is the best way to start.
While there is no single definition of “quality” when it comes to child care, there are some elements of child care that are critical to the well-being of children. Here is what you should look for in a Quality Child Care…
- Quality Child care should support a child’s emotional, social, intellectual and physical well-being.
- Child Care Providers are key to quality child care. They should…
- Be caring, responsive, open and informative
- Provide a stable and stimulating environment
- Seek out community resources and support
- Be willing to develop common goals.
- What should you look for in a quality child care setting?
- A caring, clean, safe, and secure learning environment
- Flexible, yet predictable daily routine
- Nutritional meals and snacks
- Opportunities for active play-especially outdoors
- Age appropriate opportunities for developing motor, social, language and cognitive skills through play
Choosing Wee Watch:
At Wee Watch, home child care means safe, intimate, nurturing care where children thrive and parents and Providers are supported by a well established licensed agency with over 30 years of child care experience.
- A warm, friendly, home environment, especially beneficial to help infant’s transition into daycare.
- A lower number of children in each home allows a good balance of individual attention as well as social interaction.
- Parents have more flexibility with pick-up and drop-off times that work with their schedule.
- Wee Watch carefully screens Providers to ensure a warm, safe and stimulating environment.
- Qualified, trained, committed child care Providers.
- We promote development and a love of learning with our unique “Wee Learn” and “Together Wee Can”
- Our Registered Early Childhood Educators conduct monthly-unscheduled visits to each home child care Provider to make sure the policies and rules & regulations are being followed.
- After each visit, a personal report is created to update you on how your child is developing.
- Wee Watch is a licensed agency, which means child care Providers care for children in their own home under the regulation of a licensed child care agency. The agency is licensed under the Child Care and Early Years Act, Learn more about Licensed vs. Unlicensed Care.
We hope this information helps you make the best child care choice.