Fall has arrived, but that doesn’t mean its time to pack in the outdoor adventures. The crisp clear sunny days, colourful trees, and the crunch of leaves under your feet as you walk, makes fall a fabulous season.
There is so much to see and learn this time of year, which is why Wee Watch Providers and children are happy to get out and explore the outdoors everyday.
Here are some great outdoor activities everyone will enjoy this fall.
- Jump into a pile of leaves. There is nothing more fun than jumping into a big pile of leaves.
- Decorate a pumpkin. Carving not your thing? No problem, you can paint pumpkins or simply draw designs on them with markers.
- Go on a colour hunt. Choose a colour; red, green, yellow, or brown and head outside and search for items that are that colour.
- Scavenger Hunt. Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt, children can explore using their senses.
- Red Leaf, Green Leaf. Play red light green light but use leaves instead.
- Leaf Play. Grab your rake and put everyone to work, they will love it. Then use the raked leaves to create a maze on the lawn.
- Go on a Leaf Hunt. See how many different colours, shapes and textures you can find.
- Plant a Garden. Fall is the time to get digging and plant bulbs for next spring.
- Make Muddy Prints. Wearing rain boots, walk in some mud and make prints on paper to explore different patterns.
- Make an outdoor kitchen. Use some old pots and pans and nature findings and create an outdoor kitchen.
- Apple Picking. Visit one of these Ontario Apple orchards to pick your own apples.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch. Research where the closest pumpkin patch is and spend the day enjoying outdoor activities; wagon rides, corn maze, and petting zoo.
- Play with helicopters. Throw maple keys into the air and watch them fly like helicopters.
Create a fall painting. Head outside and paint a fall picture using the leaves that have fallen instead of paintbrushes.
- Create an autumn tic-tac toe game. Use sticks, coloured leaves, rocks or acorns and create a game of tic-tac toe outdoors.
- Fall weather can be unpredictable, cool mornings, warm afternoons and showers. Make sure everyone is dressed appropriately when heading out to play.