Valentines Day is celebrated every year on February 14th. Not sure how to celebrate with your little sweethearts? We’ve got 10 fun ways to celebrate Valentines Day as a family:
- Make a memorable meal. Holidays are a great opportunity to create family traditions children will remember for the rest of their lives. Create a special dish that you have every Valentine’s Day.
- Create your own Valentine’s Day decorations together. Save the decorations and pull them out each year. You can make heart shaped paper chains to hang around the house, a heart shaped paper plate wreath to hang on the door or simply cut out colourful hearts and tape them around your home or on the windows.
- Make some Valentines and spread the love. Load up on pink & red paper, doilies, hearts etc. and make some Valentines to hand out to friends, family and neighbours.
- Snuggle up for a family movie night. Check out this list of 8 Valentine’s Day movies for families, grab some blankets, pillows, cozy up on the couch and watch a movie.
- Have a Valentines Day photo shoot. Dress up, use props and the decorations you made and have a family photo shoot.
- Bake a special Valentine’s treat. Get out your aprons and whip up a special Valentine’s treat for the family to enjoy after dinner.
- A special family game night. Play some Valentine’s Day themed games and activities together. Here are some great Valentine’s games for kids.
- Say “I Love You”. Go around the table and have everyone share 1 reason they love each member of the family.
- Go on a Family Valentine’s Day date. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about romance. Use this time for the entire family to get dressed up and try a new restaurant.
- Valentine’s Day reading. Choose a few Valentine’s Day books to read together at bedtime:
- The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George by N. DeAngelo
- Ruby Valentine and the Sweet Surprise by Laurie Friedman
- Snowy Valentine by David Peterson
- The Berenstain Bears Valentines Party by Jan & Mike Berenstain
- I Love you Snugglesaurus! by Sandra Magsamen
Happy Valentine’s Day!