Family Day is celebrated on the third Monday in February every year; this year it falls on Monday February 20, 2017. This holiday celebrates the importance of family.
Every day is a great day to spend time together as a family, but with the distractions of our everyday lives we may not always get a lot of quality family bonding time. Take time on Family Day to spend it together and connect with one another in a way you may not always have time for.
- Make a family time jar: Fill a jar with family time activities and take turns picking one out of the jar when it’s time for some family together time.
- Play bard games, you could even try making family game night a weekly tradition.
- Talk; really talk to your children. Come up with some questions to ask your children to learn more about them.
- Printable Kids coupons: Print out coupons with little rewards on them that you can give as a gift or give as recognition for something they have done well. Children can then redeem the reward on the coupon when they would like to spend time together http://tinyurl.com/k78cepg
- Have a Family Movie Night:
- 8 Ways to make family movie night more fun http://tinyurl.com/pe9fzj2
- Wondering which movie to watch? Check out this list of 22 Family Movies to http://tinyurl.com/qfyzavy
- Have a family slumber party, gather blankets, pillows, favourite snacks, movies and books and spend the night all together in the same room.
- Plan a special outing. Plan a fun day out as a family, go to the movies, the zoo, mini golfing, visit an aquarium, go tobogganing or skating, or go to a museum.
“Children don’t need more things. The best toys a child can have is a parent who gets down on the floor and plays with them.” ~ Bruce Perry