WEE LEARN PROGRAM
Wee Watch Enriched Home Child Care is dedicated to providing the best quality day care for your child. Wee Watch recognizes the role early education plays with young children and has developed the exclusive “Wee Learn” educational program to meet the needs of all children in our care.
Our “Wee Learn” program has been designed to meet specific learning needs and stages of development for children from infancy to school age. Our “Wee Learn” program is available to all our Providers through several mediums, including our website. All of our Providers have the following “Wee Learn” tools in their homes:
- WEE STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT: Taking into account the different stages and developmental milestones that are associated with specific age groups, we have created our Wee Stages of Development. The age parameters of each stage are flexible because each child is unique and development takes place according to these differences.
- PLAY & LEARN WORKBOOKS: Exclusive to Wee Watch, every child enrolled in our program from 12 months to school age is working on this continuous form of education and skill development. These books are designed to recognize achievement and further develop skills in literacy, numeracy and fine motor development. Look for these completed workbooks in your child’s portfolio.
- FUNdamental THEMES: An important component of programming is to ensure, through themes, that a wide variety of activities and concepts are introduced to your child. Wee Watch provides these themes to every Provider through our website. These themes will be posted by your Provider in her home.
- FUNdamental WORKSHEETS: These worksheets complement the themes that your Provider has chosen for your child. This further enhances, through suggested activities, your child’s skill development (math, language, and fine motor).
- ACTIVITY HANDBOOK: Our Activity Handbook is a valuable resource for Providers for planning and carrying out activities for children of all ages and skill levels in her care.
- “TOGETHER WEE CAN”: Wee Watch has a wonderful opportunity to bring all of our homes across Ontario together to participate in activities on certain days, weeks and months. These “Together Wee Can” events are exclusive to Wee Watch. All activities are carefully chosen for their importance to children and their families. These events provide a great learning opportunity that meets the needs of children of all ages and ultimately strengthens our Wee Watch community. Look for the details of each event on our website and in our bi-monthly newsletter.
- REPORTS: In addition to ongoing communication from your Provider and/or office, you will be receiving two types of monthly reports; Home Visitor Report and Monthly Summary Sheets to keep you apprised of your child’s progress. These can be found in your child’s portfolio.