Time with family is the true joy of the holiday season.
Do you have fond memories of special things your family would do together? Maybe you have carried on those traditions with your family or maybe you are looking for some new ones to make all your own. Start a family holiday tradition this year to create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Countdown to Christmas: Calendars make a fun way to countdown the days until Christmas. Work together as a family and make your very own special advent calendar. Check out these 35 DIY Advent calendars for some inspiration //tinyurl.com/zfodvo8
- Visit a Tree Farm: Bundle up, grab some hot cocoa and head to a local tree farm to search for a real, Ontario grown Christmas tree. Check this map to find a tree farm near you //bit.ly/2faPuGH
- Decorate your tree as a family: Once the lights and garland are hung, have family members take turns hanging their favourite ornaments on the tree. For little ones, set aside some non-breakable ornaments and help them hang them.
- Make your own ornaments: Nothing personalizes a tree more than family made ornaments. Check out these 15 ornaments you can make with children //bit.ly/1QpmtSO
- Surprise neighbours: Bake and decorate some holiday cookies for neighbours. Younger children can help by pouring pre measured ingredients, stirring and cutting out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Camp out under the Christmas lights: Spend one night camping out under the lights of the Christmas tree; you can listen to Christmas music, read some favourite holiday books and talk about the holiday season.
- Help those in need: Show children that Christmas is about giving and there are a lot of people out there that are less fortunate. There are so many ways to give back during the holiday season; adopt a family, donate new toys, donate food, volunteer your time at a shelter serving meals.
- Go on a Christmas Light Tour: Walk around your neighbourhood and look at all the beautiful lights.You can also make a game out of it by adding a Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt //tinyurl.com/q74jgdg.
- Watch some holiday movies. Pop some popcorn and make a family movie night and watch some of these 15 best family Christmas movies //bit.ly/2gDWcp4
- Santa traditions: Don’t forget about the jolly man in red, children can go visit Santa, write letters to Santa, and lets not forget to put out special treats for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Wishing you and your family a happy holiday season!